Monday, October 26, 2009
It was quite a challenge, between the rocky trail and chilly temperatures...
...but the view at the top proved to be worth the effort.
And this was my view of her:
So, wrapped up together in the Moby, we went about our day as such. Here's what I found in the process.
- kiss the top of her head
- load the dishwasher
- prep food for cooking
- make bread
- go for a walk
- get a core workout on the big exercise ball (bouncing with baby kills two birds with one stone - gets baby to sleep and strengthens flabby post-baby back and tummy)
- cut out fabric for clothes and quilts
Things that are difficult/awkward but possible to do with a baby strapped on:
- curl hair (carefully!)
- crawl under the desk in the office to plug in the internet cable
- eat (turn sideways to avoid baby being showered with crumbs)
- help pick up toddler's toys/chase toddler/ lift toddler into high chair/etc
Things NOT to do with a baby strapped on:
- drive (obvious, and no I didn't find this out from experience, so please no reports to CPS)
- shower (see above note)
- scale the climbing rocks at the park when toddler makes it all the way to the top and then is too scared to come down alone
Anyway, here she is now...on the move and cute as all get-out. I don't think I could strap her in the Moby if I tried...not because of her size but because of her ridiculous strength and constant need to be busy and on the go.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
These days it's so commonplace to hear of layoffs. But believe me, when it's YOU, it's anything but commonplace. Today I allowed myself to just wallow. Tomorrow I'll get up and decide what to do next. I'll learn something from this, as is the case with trials, but for now I'm in a bit of a tailspin, looking for a soft place to land. Thankfully, I can find that very thing at home...a husband's shoulder to cry on, a special boy's infectious laugh and a sweet baby's warm cuddle. Even with the uncertainty in the road ahead, I'll sleep well tonight.