Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm on top of the world, lookin' down on creation...

Last week I had a meeting at work on the 76th floor of the Columbia Tower, the highest floor of the tallest building in Seattle.

By no means is this a declaration of self-importance, but the views were too breathtaking not to share, and by a stroke of luck I had my camera to capture some snapshots of a rare sunny day. For once it pays off to be forgetful (like forgetting to take the camera out of my purse)!

Ferry returning from Bainbridge Island

I-90 bridge connecting to Mercer Island, with the Cascade Mountains in the distance


I-5 with Lake Washington in the distance


Just beyond the edge of the building is Qwest Stadium and Safeco Field


Stream of consciousness is a wonderful thing...a fancy term for daydreaming. As I looked out the window at the stunning view, all I could think of was my wish to share it with my two favorite people. How does the rest of the song go?

And the only explanation I can find

Is the love that I've found

Ever since you've been around:

Your love's put me at the top of the world.

So although I felt literally on top of the world for a while, I'm really reminded of I so appreciate the supportive, encouraging partner I have in Matt and the sweet, deliciously loveable son I have in Seth.

No comments: