Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weekend Away

This past weekend was the 6th annual Mountain Valley Quilt Retreat hosted by my mom in lovely little Loa. This year there were 20 attendees from Nevada, Utah and Washington. She's a super talented teacher (she makes up the pattern herself!) and puts so much time and energy into making it fun. My sisters, aunt and I go every year to cook the meals for everyone, and we get in a little sewing time too. Mostly we cook, goof off, cook, sew, cook, nap, cook, visit...you get the idea. This was my first time flying by myself with both kids, a feat not as monumental as I originally feared.

So, while everyone else was using one of these...
(my dream machine)
.
...to make one of these...

(gorgeous, don't you think? - Mom's original creation)

...we did some of this:
(see above reference to goofing off)
.
(2nd cousins Jake and Hannah - thank goodness for washable markers!)
.
(two cute aunties with one cute little sweetie)
.
(the best reaction for a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" - a week early)

3 comments:

Cortney said...

That quilt is gorgeous! Wow! I'm very impressed. I hope you had a fun time cooking. :) But we're glad you're back home safely now and can't wait for Seth's birthday!

Laura said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors. I heard you'd gone down with both kiddos and wondered how the flight had gone. Glad to hear it wasn't bad.

Jessica Jane said...

I would love to go one of these years. It sounds like so much fun and that quilt is gorgeous. Does your mom have a blog? I think she needs one.