Thursday, February 10, 2011

Little Aviators

Last week Seth's preschool class had a field trip to the Museum of Flight and participated in the "Little Aviators" program. They learn all about different parts of an airplane, how to steer it on the ground and in the air, and even what color airplane fuel is (blue - I didn't know that!).

Seth and his friends Russell and Trey. I told them this plane shoots bullets and missiles, and at first Seth didn't want to stand by it until I told him it didn't work anymore.
~


This man was so entertaining to the kids and taught them so much in a short amount of time about parts of an airplane. He also showed them how to make an airplane out of a straw and strips of paper. It didn't look anything like an airplane, but boy did that thing glide!
~
Pretending to be airplanes. Every time I see this picture, I hear this song in my head.
~
Checking over the airplane to make sure it's good to go!
~
This girl taught the kids all about how the mail gets delivered across the country. Can you tell Seth's a little excited?
~
Class photo.
~
After the field trip, we walked around the museum a bit before heading home. There is an excellent section of the museum all about the NASA space program, my personal favorite next to the Wing of Courage.
~
What a fun trip with my little super pilot!

No comments: