Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beach day…finally!

Somehow the summer got away from me, and I hate to say that we didn’t go to the beach ONE time.  There were plenty of other fun things we did, but that wasn’t one of them.  And I feel bad about that since there are so many great beaches around here, and I denied my kids the beach experience!  I won’t blame it all on Peter, but with a two-nap kid, we were kinda chained to the house to a certain degree.  Daily schedule:  get up, feed everyone breakfast, get everyone ready, time for morning nap, nap ends, feed everyone lunch, run a few quick errands, back home for afternoon nap, nap ends, time for dinner, jammies, and bedtime.  It’s OK for Peter to skip a nap now and then, but for the most part, I’m pretty adamant that naps happen. 

Anyway, that’s a long excuse for why we didn’t go to the beach this summer, but I partially redeemed myself by taking the kids one afternoon the week after school started.  The following unseasonably-hot Wednesday after Seth got home from early release school, I had everything packed and we headed to Newcastle Beach Park.  Despite the chilly lake water (it’s never really WARM), the kids had a blast, and so did I.  I promise right now that we’ll go much more often next summer!

2013-09-18

Our budding civil engineer made an impressive network of water canals.

IMG_7944

IMG_7946

Happy end-of-summer and back-to-school!  This is one of about 30 attempts at a picture together.  I sure do love how they play together.  We celebrated on the way home with a McDonald’s ice cream cone, and Peter fell asleep in the car.  After all, it was time for his afternoon nap.  :-)

No comments: