Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm a new SMSM

Know what that means? I'm a new Sacrament Meeting Single Mom. Yesterday Matt was called and sustained as the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric at church. I'm kind of stressed thinking about him being gone a lot with his responsibilities and wrangling two kids by myself at church while he sits on the stand. BUT at the same time I realize this isn't about me. I'm happy and proud of Matt's willingness to serve. He will do well, and I know many people, including our family will be blessed.

7 comments:

Sara said...

OK, so who is the 1st counselor and the Bishop?

:)

Jessica Jane said...

Maybe sit by the family with the most teenage girls. That's what we do. ( =

Jas and Kim said...

That's really neat! Just bring lots of activites for entertainment. Best of luck!

Kristen said...

Whoa! Good luck to both of you!

A.M.B. said...

This is for Matt......HAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA.....!

Tell him I am sorry!

Aaron

The Gee Family said...

Best of luck! Tell Matt congrats! Hang in there on Sunday and be sure to have lots of things for Seth to keep entertained with.

The Hardy's said...

Welcome to the SMSM Club!! You will do a great job. I do have to say it is quite challenging some Sundays- and I might add that Sundays are NOT the easiest nor the most spiritual day of the week for me.

If you're in a ward like ours, there will be many willing helpers to help you out. Good luck!

Congrats MATT!