Friday, March 7, 2014

12 of 12 – June 2013

2013-06-13

1 – The blossoms on our tree from last month have turned into little baby apples!

2 – Day one of the 30 Day Squat Challenge is done.  I added crunches to it, so I did 50 of each this morning.

3 – How perfect is this rose?  I love having roses in my garden!  And they’re not as difficult or temperamental as I thought they would be.  What a beautiful peach color.

4 – These are definitely my favorite.  Peonies remind me of my grandma and my mom.  Plus they smell sooo good.  Too bad they don’t stick around for too long.

5 – Look who’s learning to climb the stairs.  Those arms at the top of the picture are Seth’s, encouraging Peter to keep going.  You’re almost to the top!

6 – Eventually, lunchtime grapes end up in their stomachs, but they start out as a funny joke to make their cheeks “chubby.”  I think it actually makes them look like they just got their wisdom teeth pulled.

7 – One of Peter’s many expressions.  “Are you talkin’ to me?”

8 – Play time with Dad before he goes back to work after lunch.

9 – I’m participating in a quilters’ round robin.  There are 7 of us spread out all over the country, and each of us put together the center block.  Then it gets sent to the next person and they add some kind of border.  I received this quilt with the huge green border on 2 sides and had to figure out what to do with it.  Challenge?  Yes.  Impossible?  No.  I added the smaller border of “snowball” blocks to bring back a little whimsy, hoping they resemble some kind of Christmas confection to tie in with the gingerbread man.  Time to send it on!

10 – My other sewing project has an upcoming deadline.  I’m going to Girl’s Camp this summer, and I’m the designated apron maker.  I’m almost done sewing 6 aprons for all the cooks in Head Shed.  They’re gonna be cute!

11 – Seth and Lydia got to take a bath in the big tub in the master bathroom, and Peter watched the whole time, wishing he could be in there too!

12 – I’m going visiting teaching this week, and I decided to share the first presidency message from the Ensign instead of the visiting teaching message.  This is a great message from President Uchtdorf about having and using spiritual landmarks so we can move forward instead of aimlessly walking in circles.

No comments: