Friday, February 8, 2013

12 of 12 - December

1 - Good morning, sweet baby Peter!

2 - I worked out with my 30 Day Shred DVD for the first time since before I got pregnant with Peter.  It killed me today, but I can't help but be thankful for the body I've been given.  It will adapt and do what I tell it to, it has carried and birthed three beautiful children, and now it's time to show my thanks by taking better care of it.

3 - Teething ring on one arm, and holding his morning bottle with his cute little hands.

4 - Today is 12-12-12, so I made pancakes in the shape of twelves.  The one on the pink plate looks like a seahorse next to a blob, but the kids didn't seem to mind.  Let's just say the rest of the batch of pancakes were the standard circles.

5 - There was a cute puppet show about a snow princess at the library.  One lady did the whole thing with all the different voices...amazing!

6 - Peter at the library...not too sure about all the commotion, but he's comfy and content in his carseat.

7 - Yep, that's a big ol' bottle of vodka...the first one I've ever purchased.  Thanks to the recent vote to privatize alcohol sales in Washington, I shoved it into the bottom of grocery cart instead of going to a liquor store.  I made homemade vanilla extract for Christmas gifts.  Easy to make and SO fragrant and delicious!

8 - Seth and Lydia putting together their alphabet puzzle.

9 - Same as previous picture, but I just love this puzzle and you can almost hear the wheels turning in Lydia's head.  Each letter has a picture, and it's its own little puzzle.  It helps with letter recognition and early reading.

10 - My favorite Christmas decoration.  This nativity set belonged to my grandparents.  It's been around a LONG time, and the only sign of wear is a missing ear on the donkey.  My granny passed away 10 years ago today, so she's especially on my mind and in my heart.

11 - Earlier in the day, I pruned a rose bush in the backyard.  I'm a rose-growing novice, and this is the first bush I've had, so we'll see what happens this summer.

12 - Lydia made this adorable Christmas decoration in preschool.  The tree is her hand prints, and the ornaments are her fingerprints.  I'll love this forever!

No comments: