Friday, February 8, 2013

12 of 12 - January 2013


1 - Peter wakes up happy pretty much every morning.  He's been sleeping from 7 pm until 7 am every night for a week - yay for sleep!

2 - Seth, Lydia and I stayed up late last night finishing this Dowdle puzzle of Pike's Market.  It's been a long time since we did a big one, and it was fun!  I'm amazed that the kids don't really refer to the picture on the box.  They just keep trying different pieces until they find the ones that fit.

3 - This is looking out to our backyard.  It's a frosty cold morning, and it didn't really warm up much over the course of the day.

4 - I look at our yard (this is the front) and dream of what I want to plant and dig up and create this spring and summer.

5 - My new favorite breakfast that I could eat every.single.day.  Steel cut oats with vanilla almond milk - yum!

6 - Peter's been eating solids for a couple of weeks, and he's a champ!  His favorite thing to do is grab the spoon while I'm putting it in his mouth.  Let me do it myself, Mom!

7 - The aftermath of Matt's overnight campout with the Young Men from church.  I love camping, but not in 8-degree temperatures!  He had a great time and learned a few things for when he goes again in February for two nights on Mt. Rainier.  They'll make their own snow caves/igloos to sleep in rather than tents.

8 - My lego kid. He loves taking apart his lego sets, setting all the pieces out on the table, and starting at the beginning of the instruction manual to build it all over again.  While the sets are taken apart, it's funny to see what he puts together.  Anakin Skywalker might be riding on the SUV and using his light saber as a flashlight while they drive into the cave prospecting for gold.  Or the gold digger guy might be the pilot of a crazy Star Wars battlecraft.  Cracks me up!

9 - Lydia loves to help me in the kitchen.  We made twice-baked potatoes, and here she is stirring the turkey bacon using her play oven mitt in case it pops or splatters.

10 - Matt was exhausted but still made time to read with his little girl.

11 - Peter loves loves loves bath time!  He'll thank me later for the strategic placement of the washcloth.  :-)

12 - I finished reading this book for the umpteenth (a word invented by my granny meaning lots and lots and lots) time.  It's a Newberry Medal winner, so even though it's geared more toward kids, I love it because it's a quick read with a good message.  I recommend it to anyone who asks for one.  In the background Matt is finishing up preparations for his talk in church the next day (which, by the way, was SO good).

No comments: