Wednesday, January 12, 2011

12 of 12 - January

I know I have Christmas blogging to catch up on, but first I'm excited to start a project called 12 of 12. My friend Kelsie heard about it here, and she did it last year. Basically, on the 12th of each month, take 12 photos to document your day. I didn't think I had enough going on in my life during a typical day to document it (or the photography skills to do any of it justice), but the more I thought about it, the more I realized the comforting familiarity that comes when I look back on a typical, albeit non-extradordinary day. From time to time, I go back and read random journal entries from days and years past, and I'm transported back to my life at that time. It's fun and eye-opening. So, here goes...the first entry of my own 12 of 12.

1 - We woke up to snow this morning. It was changing to rain and by 1:00, the white stuff was gone.
2 - Seth and Lydia "helping" me make French toast. They're best buds.
3 - Got in my 30-Day Shred workout today.
4 - I FINALLY organized my craft closet. I know, you're thinking "Really? That's organized?" Believe me, this was Craft Central, Santa's Workshop and Gift-Wrapping Headquarters all stuffed into 6 chaotic feet of shelves. Good thing there are doors to hide it all. Now it's pretty, and everything is in its place!
5 - Shenanigans at lunch time.
6 - This is my 2nd of 3 of these bad boys filled with water...I drink them every day.
7 - Had a little down time during naps to start in on a new book.
8 - We love going to the library!
9 - Bath time hair scuplting with Lydia.
10 - Seth gave Matt "permission" to clean up all the toys while he was in the bathtub.
11 - Story time with our new library books before bed. Ack! I thought I looked youthful and natural without makeup. Looks like those days may very well be in the past.
12 - Writing my weekly Wednesday post over at Praiseworthy.

4 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Does your friend Kelsie happen to have the last name of Hall? If so, we know her too!

I loved your Christmas card. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Kelsie said...

I'm glad you're doing this! I was thinking I wouldn't do it again this year but then decided that I really like having a "record" of little details on a random, ordinary day.

And by the way, I love the pictures from your Christmas card and now on top of your blog. What a cute family!

Cortney said...

I love this! :) I am going to have to do it...with a little muffing on the date for January I guess! :)

cardonfam7 said...

what a great idea--love the randomness of real life. And those Christmas stories are hilarious!